Keeping your yoga practice going through parent hood is so beneifical, but also challenging.
BKS Iyengar (affectionately known as guriji) had 6 children. His Daughter Geeta Iyengar (sometimes known as Geetaji) had none. Both lived amazing lives as yogis and gave huge amounts to yoga around the world.
Toby Golds, and our Iyengar yoga community acknowledge the challenges of keeping, or restarting a yoga practice after having children – especially before they start school – and aim to support you at this amazing, and challenging time by…
- Allowing attendance on zoom when needed (especially if there’s a last minute loss of childcare, you can have your child with you at home on screen)
- Total acceptance that there will be non-attendance weeks (or more)
- Freedom to not book in last minute day changes online (just turn up, or not)
- Ending all evening classes to by 7.45pm (including level 2 & 3 classes)
- On a case by case basis we will consider parents attending with their babies or children.
Feel free to get in touch for a chat about this at any time.
Wishing you and your children or future children well.